11th Annual Meals For Monologues
- November 9, 2016
With the holiday season upon us, we are thrilled to be hosting our 11th Annual Meals For Monologues. This is such a wonderful way to give back to the community and see Chicago’s talented actors at the same time. This year will be even more exciting as it will be the fifth year that Meals For Monologues will be a nationwide Casting Society of America event, with casting offices throughout the country participating!
We will be devoting a full day to seeing all the actors that want to participate. We will audition everyone who brings in 2 non-perishable food items for our food drive. Our open call is going to be Wednesday, November 9th from 10am-12pm, and from 1pm-3pm. Please be sure to arrive BEFORE 3pm so that we are able to see everyone by 5 o’clock! If you arrive after 3pm, we cannot guarantee that you’ll be seen.
We will host the event out of our studio (2558 W. 16th St., 5th Floor, Chicago, IL 60608). We’re hoping this year will be the biggest yet!
The ladies at Claire Simon Casting
- Please prepare one 1-minute contemporary monologue and bring one headshot/resume.
- Come with your holiday spirit! It’s an open call so there may be a wait, but we promise to have lots of goodies for all.
- Most needed food drive items are peanut butter, canned beans, canned chili, canned soup, canned stew, canned fruit, canned vegetables and canned fish. Donations will benefit the Greater Chicago Food Depository.
The items most needed by our network of 650 food pantries, soup kitchens and shelters are:
• Canned Beans
• Canned Fruit
• Canned Vegetables
• Canned Chili
• Peanut Butter
• Canned Soup
• Canned Stew
• Canned Fish
The Food Depository is not able to accept the following types of food donations:
• Items that have been opened or partially used including cans, bottles and dry goods
• Products not in their original packaging
• Products missing ingredient information labels
• Homemade or home-canned foods
• Products that have become contaminated
• Alcoholic beverages or energy drinks of any kind
Additionally, the Food Depository is not able to accept the following types of non-food items:
• Pet food
• Cleaning supplies